Tin Can Community Rules
About Tin Can:
Tin Can is a live mobile broadcasting application aimed at giving creators a platform to reach a wide audience and share their stories, talents and passions directly with their fans.
Tin Can is explicitly intended to be used by individuals 14 years of age or older. To report a user under the age of 14, please email Report@socialradiocompany.com with the subject line, “Underage User.”
Tin Can also recommends parents and guardians talk to their teenagers about general internet safety when using any type of social networking service. You can use these internet safety tips to start the conversation. (guide from: https://nyclib.com).
Reporting inappropriate content:
On top of the Report function in the app, if you come across inappropriate or offensive content that violates Tin Can’s Community Guidelines, please send a screenshot of such content to Report@socialradiocompany.com with the subject line, “Inappropriate Content.”
You can also directly report inappropriate, offensive, and harmful content from inside the app using the Report function. Reporting content with this mechanism will flag it for our community managers.
What Tin Can is doing to protect its community:
Tin Can employs a team of Community Managers to moderate and observe the community activities. They work both proactively and reactively responding to users’ reports. Users found to be in violation of the app’s Community Guidelines are subject to immediate suspension or ban from the app. To further ensure Tin Can is a safe community for all of our users, we also actively work in conjunction with law enforcement and other cities and municipalities to assist in criminal and safety-related investigations to the fullest extent of the law, without violating user privacy.
Have a suggestion for something else we can do to improve safety? Please let us know. Email Support@socialradiocompany.com with the subject line, “Safety Suggestion.”
* Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Here are additional contacts for more support if needed
* Text TALK to 741741 for 24/7, anonymous, free counseling.
* Call the SAMHSA Treatment Referral Hotline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357), for free, confidential support for substance abuse treatment.
* Call the RAINN National Sexual Assault Hotline, 1-800-656-HOPE (4673), for confidential crisis support.
* Call Trevor Lifeline, 1-866-488-7386, a free and confidential suicide hotline for LGBT youth.
* 7 Cups and IMAlive are free, anonymous online text chat services with trained listeners, online therapists, and counselors.